Ricardo Reid Has Program on Revelation
The church service in the Laurelbrook Seventh-day Adventist Church on January 6, 2018 began with Angela Volpe leading the congregation in singing one verse of “Marvelous Grace”. Bubba Herra welcomed everyone and made a few announcements. There will be potluck at Jacqueline Miller’s home today. Today at 5:00 there will vespers in the auditorium.
Ricardo Reid announced that the church will be joining the world church’s 10 Days of Prayer, starting this Wednesday evening with seven staff families opening their homes for these meetings. There will be a list of these families placed in your box.
Angela Volpe led the congregation in singing one stanza of “Great Is Thy Faithfulness”. Mark Kent played an introit. The congregation had a silent invocation. The congregation then sang “To God Be the Glory”, accompanied by Leilani (sophomore) on the piano (who accompanied part of the rest of the service). Bubba Herra then had the Morning Prayer; the congregation sang “Hear Our Prayer”.
Benny (9th grader) then called for the offering. Eric (junior) and Daryll Ellis then collected the morning offerings; the loose offering went to the local church budget. The congregation sang the doxology, and Ricardo Reid prayed for the offering.
Ricardo Reid then announced that the program would be a special one to start the New Year with reading of parts of Revelation along with music selections to encourage everyone for 2018. Ricardo did the speaking parts.
Ricardo Reid then made an altar call and had the closing prayer.
Personnel Other Than Students:
Angela Volpe – Mark Kent’s fiancé
Bubba Herra – academy boys’ dean / men’s work coordinator
Daryll Ellis – works for nearby Majestic Stone Company /
Mark Kent – Laurelbrook IT person
Ricardo Reid – assistant boys dean / head local church elder
Following are some notes on the program:
9.[The congregation sang “Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise”]
- Revelation 1:3 “Blessed [is] he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time [is] at hand.”
- God has promised a blessing to each of us if we hear and do the Word of God.
- John the Revelator was on the Isle of Patmos, sent there due to his gospel preaching. Yet he was in communion with God through His Spirit. God showed John who was the Leader of the church and the King of this world.
- Revelation 1:9-11 “9 ¶ I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. 10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, 11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send [it] unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.”
- The seven churches John sees represent time periods of world history. The first part of Revelation shows what has been fulfilled; the later part shows the future.
- In Revelation 5, the Lamb comes into the Sanctuary to receive the Book.
- Revelation 4:8-11 “8 ¶ And the four beasts had each of them six wings about [him]; and [they were] full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come. 9 And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever, 10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying, 11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.”
- As heaven is preparing for Christ’s coronation, heaven is praising God.
15.[The congregation sang “Worthy, Worthy Is the Lamb”]
- Angels are busy spirits working for the mission of the church. Heaven is filled is positive praises to God.
- Satan wants us to focus on the problems in the church and his temptations.
- We must honor God with our earthly lives in 2018.
- The crowning of Christ is accompanied by the humiliation and accord of the saints on earth. The Spirit comes into our lives to inspire us to do the mission that Christ wants us to do.
- Revelation 5:8-14 “8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four [and] twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints. 9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; 10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth. 11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; 12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. 13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, [be] unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. 14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four [and] twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.”
19.[Pedro Arce shared how thankful the Mexican people were for what the group did for them. Jacqueline Miller shared that she was so grateful that people endured the cultural shock to come to Laurelbrook. Another person shared that her money gifts were used to help the homeless – very inspiring. Another shared that 2017 was a year of change for him and his family. Don’t wait to give your heart to the Lord]
- [The congregation was invited to share a testimony or word of praise. Paul Frechette shared that he went through the checkout and then found a group of workers interested in the tracts he was passing out. Barbara Kitson shared that she was really blessed by people who come in to pray with her. Ginny Arce shared that 2017 was working with her this year. Their dog’s puppies came at the beginning of the Sabbath last night]
- Trials are God’s blessings to make us better persons.
- John saw God for Himself. God doesn’t prevent you from knowing Him. It is up to you to make the contact.
21.[The congregation then sang “All Creatures of Our God and King”]
- Revelation 7:10-12 “10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb. 11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and [about] the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God, 12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, [be] unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.”
24.[The congregation then sang “Crown Him With Many Crowns”]
- Rome dumped a load of discouragement on John, but John then saw a mountain with steps bringing him higher and higher and nearer to God. Every life experience can be that way.
- Revelation 11:15-18 “15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become [the kingdoms] of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. 16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God, 17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned. 18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.”
26.[The congregation sang “Lead On, O King Eternal”]
- Jesus is coming soon. Our purpose is to preach the gospel message to this generation, but we need to be converted and have a clearer vision of Him.